Great news! At the end of August 2015 we will be launching our Free Language Club where you can join us for free online English classes. Find out more by checking out the video below – or click on the link:
Here is the first class from a short Talk a Lot Elementary Spoken English course that I taught online recently. The topic in this recording is “Town” and we’re working from Talk a Lot Elementary Book 1. You can find the links for the other four classes in the course below!
Many thanks to Ma3ali English for organising the course and uploading the recordings.
Class 2: Food and Drink
Yesterday I was teaching a pre-intermediate class and needed a few general discussion questions on the topic of “Homes”, so I came up with the following. Maybe you will be able to use them in your class too!
You could include them in a lesson based on the “Home” unit in Talk a Lot Elementary Book 1, for example.
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
2. Which is better – a house or a flat? Why? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
3. How many different kinds of home can you think of?
4. How will our homes be different in 50 years from now?
5. Which city in the world would be… a) the best, b) the worst, c) [insert other superlatives!] to live in? Why?
6. What are the most important factors in choosing a home?
7. Describe… a) your home, b) your grandparents’ home, c) [insert other!]. Compare them.
8. Who would you like to live with, if you could choose? Why?
On Friday at 4pm CET we’re going to be using this material in my free online lesson on WIZIQ.com. You can sign up for the lesson here:
Learn how to answer questions in Part 3 of the IELTS Speaking Test with experienced IELTS trainer Rob Lewis. Listen to him – he knows what he’s talking about! You can visit his Youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/voxguru